In an effort to motivate and challenge myself as well as to share and show my work with others in (almost) real time, I will post here, every Monday by 11:59 PM, one new piece created that week (allowing myself two weeks off for my honeymoon). When the calendar rolls over to 2011 I will have posted a total of 50 pieces. Whew! No time to chat, gotta get to work!

Monday, January 25, 2010

Week 4. "The Red Room" 18"x24" oil on canvas






Although I love to create images from scratch out of nothing but my imagination, I also love painting portraits. Being a perfectionist when it comes to painting I never call a piece finished until I feel it's just right. But there is always development, and I think, this painting is a good example of the expressiveness I'm capturing in my portraits these days. The subject helps too, being my favorite one, my wife. If you're interested in commissioning a portrait please email me or see more at www.henrycaserotti.com/portraits.htm.

No comments:

Post a Comment